Transfiguration Church was built by Father Mitri Elias Al Qassis in 1807. Not too long after it was built, the church turned out to be small in comparison with the growing population in the city, which resulted in the building of a new church in 1850. The church was designed in the Byzantine style and was inaugurated in 1852, and it is embellished with many ancient icons; some of which date back to pre-1850. This church is the oldest church in Ramallah and it welcomes tourists every day except for Sundays. Holy Mass is held in this church every Sunday at 8:30 A.M.